Sunday, July 1, 2012

Eat your veggies...

There are no pictures today. You'll thank me soon.

Our "Let Freedom Ring" service at church was wonderful this morning. There was a segment in which the choir sang each branch of the armed forces' song while those who had served in the respective branch stood. It was moving. Then Catherine tore up God Bless America, in a really good way. I am so very grateful for our freedom. And like Dr. Page said, freedom isn't free. He recounted the lives of the 56 who signed the Declaration of Independence, and that shocked me. Those men gave up everything. One of the Schmitzes might have been a mess. (hint: it's usually me, but someone topped that.)

When we got home, we had roast. We were eating at the table and attempting to be hardcore in our efforts to make Jack eat his vegetables, carrots to be specific. We sent him to bed when he refused to eat. He cried. I went to his bed and told him he could get up if he ate one bite of a carrot. He tried. And gagged a lot. And tried some more. He got up to come to the dining room, and that stinkin' carrot gagged him so much that it caused poor Jack to lose his stomach in the hall. Yeah, the hall that we JUST had steam-cleaned because of some other bodily function gone wrong. Fantastic.

Moral of the story? I'm not really sure, but he'll probably never eat a carrot again in his life. Thank goodness for V8 V-fusion and Mott's apple juice with carrots.

2 comments:

gail@more than a song said...

When Trent was a baby, under one probably, I was trying out baby food peas on him. He was sitting in the high chair & refused them over & over. I made him sit there until he would try them; he gagged too and spit them out! He's never to this day eaten peas again that I know of and hates them with a passion. Sorry to be so encouraging. :)

Alison said...

That's hilarious! Glad to know I'm not te only one!