Mother's Day was wonderful. Saturday night after Travis safely returned home from wreck #2 in 48 hours, Jack brought me my mother's day/birthday gift. It was a smart cover. I started squealing... I got an iPad! I've been hinting/shamelessly begging for one for about a year. I'm super excited.
Sunday morning we had breakfast at church and precious Charlie was dedicated. I love that moment of publicly committing to raise our baby by the power of the Holy Spirit with the focus of salvation in mind. It was sweet and is a wonderful memory. Both boys were very well-behaved and looked adorable. Ooh I could just eat them up!
That afternoon I slept 3 hours. I would've slept longer if Travis hadn't hollered at me to wake up so we could go feed the ducks. That night brought the best mother's day present ever... A full night's sleep. Charlie, bless his little heart, slept from 9:30 until 6:18. For the first time in months I woke up with a numb arm and sleep lines on my face. It was incredible. I didn't realize how tired I had been until I slept that long. He did it again last night, too! Fingers crossed we've turned a corner and won't look back (until we hit a growth spurt).
Sam and her youngens came over this morning. They all have so much fun playing together. I wish we were neighbors. Jack cries for an hour when they leave... He just loves them so much!
This afternoon we went to visit with Lacy and Finley. That little baby is an angel! She's so sweet and content, and Lacy is a natural mama. It's a joy to be around them. While we were there, Brittnye and Ro stopped by for a visit, too. For the first time out of the belly, all three babies were together! That was fun. It's been a long time comin', and it sure was good to see all those little blessings in one place. It made my heart very happy.
I'm heading back to work tomorrow. I miss my boys already. I'm a little lovesick tucking myself in bed tonight. Does it ever get easier to leave? I'm guessing after 2 years and 8 months of feeling heartbroken every night before work, that's probably a no.





No comments:
Post a Comment