Thursday, May 31, 2012

Memorial day week

Sunday morning, we all headed to Choctaw to Geyser Falls. Jack had a blast! Thinking back, Liz and I went the exact day last year with Jack and Abby. A year makes a huge difference. Travis let my baby go down the humongous slides by himself. The lifeguards said the life jacket would slow him down. Oh. Ok. Jack splashed and played so hard, he was absolutely exhausted at the end of the day. All of us were. Travis and I took turn alternating with the boys. Charlie still got a little pink but nothing too bad. We stayed in the area that night and ate dinner at the Philadelphia house of pancakes. It was yummy.

No trip in our family is complete without some sort of disaster. Seriously. We've just come to grips with it. In that spirit, Travis took Jack into tcby to get yogurt. Jack twirled himself into the corner of the counter. No big deal, just a boo boo. That was until we found blood all over his hands and legs in the car on the way back to the hotel. He had tried to touch the spot on his head. I had no clue how big the gash was, but I was honestly thinking I would rather hold pressure the whole way back to Jackson than find the nearest medicine man in Choctaw land. No offense. So back at the hotel we found Jack's hair caked and his carseat headrest covered in blood. Travis and I kept our cool and got him inside the room, washed his hair, and finally found the point of origin, a teensy little cut on his crown. No-peek pressure for 5 minutes did the trick, crisis averted. An early night's sleep led to an early rise the next day, and we were back home around 9:30.

The rest of the day Monday was spent at lunch with our friends, napping that afternoon, and then dinner and dessert at David's to celebrate Lee's graduation from medical school. Lee will be a GREAT doctor. I can't believe how quickly four years have gone (seems quick to us, anyway).

On Tuesday, I finally got my car back. I danced while I was driving it home. (you would have, too!) Driving a smoky rental for two weeks was just not fun. That night I upped my weights on my workout and afterwards couldn't even wash my hair my arms were so weak. Oxymoron, huh.

Wednesday kind of kicked my booty at work, and today I abstracted to prepare for Epic. Oh boy. I'm praying for a smooth transition for the U.

So here are just a couple pics. One of Jack in sheer excitement at geyser falls. One of Charlie and Ro hanging out while Trav and Brit went to get their Tdap vaccines. And one of chunky naked Charlie.

Now that it's June I need to start cooking and freezing food for Charlie. He'll start solids July 23. Ca. ray. zee.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Totally understand your desire to wait on the cut! And surprise, surprise...Go Live time has been pushed back! ha!