This was the morning of MC homecoming. Jack was loving that he got to sit on the golf cart and hold the football. This was just after Travis finished the 5K. He's quite the runner lately. I am not ok with this because of his club foot. He was, at some point, supposed to talk to his orthopedic surgeon about running. That never happened. That being said, he is a really good runner. He can run a pretty long time at an impressive speed. He enjoys it. I don't like how I'm the fat one, though. I know, I know, I'm pregnant. Blah blah blah. Yes, I know. But he's still leaner than I ever am without a child making me so blimpish. Maybe when Charlie is here and I'm up to it, we'll all run together. We never have because I was in the throws of some serious morning sickness when Travis started running. When I finally felt well enough to run, it wasn't safe to do a lot since I hadn't run the first portion of the pregnancy. Are my excuses convincing you? They at least make me feel better.
Now that I'm done ranting about that, here are pictures of Jack's new room. I had zero inspiration except that I knew I wanted to continue using the canvases that were made for his nursery by my friend Angie who now lives in New Orleans with her hubby Tommy. I miss her. So I found a comforter than coordinated with the canvases. Then I found a shower curtain that I liked from Target. I just got an extra one and sewed it to lengthen the curtains to the floor. I think everything turned out cute. I also made a little pillow with extra fabric I had. It has taken an entire month (ridiculous), but Jack has finally slept in there by himself without freaking out when he wakes up. We leave the door cracked, a small light on in the den, and our door open so he can just walk through the house when he wakes up. Before he would scream and cry because he couldn't get to us. All in all, I'd say it's been an ok transition. Oh, he's also done a lot better since we took the side rails off of his bed. It has made me a little nervous, but I think he woke himself up when he would kick them at night and make a bunch of noise. He has only fallen out of the bed once. Oh wait, that was my bed. Nevermind. So we have 100% success for safety in his bed. Yay! Hopefully, we'll be settled and totally conditioned to that with plenty of time before Charlie gets here. I have 11-ish weeks until our guestimated due date, so we'll see.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment