Monday, October 31, 2011

Fall has been good to us

What a big month we've had! Jack and I have LOVED every second of this amazing weather. I finally finished his new room, and he has moved across the hall. He loves his new big bed and room (pictures to come).  Another accomplishment this month has been the start of potty training. We actually tried to start in late August, and Jack made it VERY clear that he was not having any of it. I purchased a potty book that he loved to read and just made no big deal of pressuring myself or him into the process of potty training. I've heard from lots of moms that it just happens and cannot be forced. So Friday the 14th, we had run tons of errands and came home with a very full diaper. Jack kept saying "tee tee", and I agreed that he had tee-tee'd a lot. For some reason I took that diaper off and never put another one back on (he probably ran from me before I put another one on his little booty). The next thing I knew he was running to his bathroom yelling "tee tee in potty!", sat his little hiney down, and went potty! That child was so proud of himself he couldn't stand it. I couldn't have praised him more, but his own pride satisfied him greatly. What an accomplishment. 

I would love to say he's in undies and we haven't turned back. Not the case. We are taking it pretty slow, and he is content wearing diapers for other potty needs and at night time. I'm content with that, too, for now. It's just easier. Hopefully by the time baby Charlie is here, Jack will have mastered pottying, and I can hopefully only change one child's diapers throughout the day. We have 3 months. I'm optimistic. 

3 Months? Where did the other 6 go? This pregnancy is FLYING! For that I am sooooo thankful. Little Charlie is quite the wiggle worm, and Jack loves feeling him give "high fives" (I figured saying his little brother was kicking him wasn't a smart start). I can't wait to see them together. 

David and Liz Thompson had their son Theo on October 2nd. He's a cutie pie, and we're so glad he's here. His hair is light brown and semi-straight. I still have high hopes that it'll get super curly as he gets older. 

Other super good news that was shared this month: the Avens are having a little one, too! Ok, we've known a while, but the world found out this month. They're due April 24, and poor Brit has been sick as a dog (sounds pink, huh?). Yaaaaay for Ross and Brittnye! They'll find out baby's gender in November, and I can't wait to know!!

That's all for now. Jack is quickly trying to demolish the computer. 

1 comment:

Kimber said...

I love y'all bunches! Kiss Jack for Grandma, and tell him to give Charlie a big kiss from Grandma! Peace and love to you sweet kids! Would you like me to print some cute dog and cat photos for his room? I would love to send him some. Let me know. Alison, you take care of yourself, and kiss Trav for me! Love, Mom