Friday, November 25, 2011

Holidays

Wednesday night, Adam and Sam and their crew came to Clinton. We shared a pre-Thanksgiving Newks supper and bops dessert. Mmmm. We had a good night with them and are grateful to have them in our lives.

Thanksgiving for us started with a little UMC NICU work and ended with us in Birmingham with some of Travis's family. Cousin Jake has been a huge hit with Jack, and it's been a good visit. We did absolutely no black Friday shopping, and I am A-ok with that. I did go walking this morning to offset my horrible diet from yesterday. I'm sure Charlie was grateful for the effort towards health for the both of us.

We did a little bit of decorating before we left, but we've yet to put up our tree. Mainly because I have a not-til-after-Thanksgiving rule for Christmas decorating, but also because we forgot we threw away our tree last year and haven't purchased a new one. We plan to do that tomorrow.

Happy (late) Thanksgiving everyone. I hope it was great! We are grateful to God for all His grace and mercy in our lives. We are also grateful for our precious Jack and soon-to-come Charlie. We praise God for Ross & Brit's growing baby boy and for Lacy and Kaleb's growing little one. God is making all things new, and we are excited to be a part of His work. Our group of friends has been such a real presence of the Body of Christ to us, and we adore them.

God is so good!

No comments: