Friday, December 2, 2011

The power of a picture

There are moments during this pregnancy when God has overwhelmed me with the reassurance that this child is His, and He is forming Charlie perfectly. Charlie's little (now big) kicks and flutters have made me laugh, hurt, and feel so grateful to know he's growing and quite active. This morning Travis and I went to UMC. I am part of a research study of healthy babies' brains. So they did an MRI to look at little Charlie. We haven't seen him since he was literally skin and bones.

This morning he had chubby cheeks, pursed lips, and his poor head could not be cocked to the side any more even if he tried. He's head down, praise the Lord, and every little part of him looks perfect according to the radiologist. We saw lungs, bladder, feet, fingers, all of him. I do wish I had seen more of his face, but there is one frame frozen in my mind now of his sweet cheeks. Can't wait to kiss them!

I have 9-ish weeks left and am feeling very strong and healthy. I am making the laundry list for nesting, whenever I start doing that, but I'm most focused on preparing my body and mind to deliver Charlie in the healthiest, most natural way I can. I am excited and very much looking forward to that day.

No comments: