Monday, December 5, 2011
Update from appointment
Well, the lack of sleep bit me in the boo-hiney. My blood pressure was up a smidge. I got really nervous that my doctor would be concerned and not like my conversation about wanting a natural delivery/no induction if I had out of the norm pressures. Travis was doing his best to get me to chill out. She came in, said my ankles and hands look great but that she could see swelling in my face "which is strange". Thanks, now I KNOW my face looks fat. Confidence is sky high at this point. Then she said she'd let me relax and retake my blood pressure herself. When she did, it was much better, and she was very pleased. So I approached the subject of wanting a natural delivery and no induction. Her response was perfect: "you're the driver, absolutely". She then said if my blood pressures got in the way the plan would change, but that we would focus on all going right. So thankful. I have to check my blood pressure twice weekly and give a report at visits or call the nurse if one is out of line. Please pray that I will stay low risk. I've tried really hard with Charlie to continue exercising and eating better than ever. A good night's sleep will surely help with my physical and emotional state. I am very thankful that the repeat pressure was better and that my doctor was so reassuring. As soon as I get home, I'm taking a nap. : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment