We had a fun day. I met Lacy and her two for a grocery run (because that's what you do in your thirties with children) and was treated to super cute jewelry. Last night, Adam sent Sam and me to a local spa for massages. The hot towel at the end... they could've just kept that going for an hour and I would've cried tears of joy. That and the hot stones. So wonderful! We ran by Sam's house for the kids to sing to us and enjoyed delicious cake from Mrs. Annie Laurie. Then we went to dinner where we honestly almost chewed the waiter out (this is NOT either of our personality) and then seriously wrestled with WWJD on how to deal with it. Sam ended up leaving an obviously disappointed tip and we went back to her house to my child running fever. I got stuck in my hotel room this morning, I dropped and broke my brand spankin' new humongo jar of honey, and I swear my back hurts more. Womp womp.
Bright side: loaded up on school uniforms for deep discount, got an AARP (WHA??!!) and some other discount at our last-minute hotel room tonight on our way back to Chicago, and the boys have been so precious in the car. And I've had five solid days of gorgeous sunshine!! I got to see Campbell and his mama Marianna for breakfast, the Clinton crew for a sweet kiddo birthday party, tons of time with my sister and her clan, and visits with other sweet friends who mean so much to me. My heart is FULL!
There are times when I expect Ashton Kutcher to pop out and reveal that some of this is all a joke, but then I reflect on truth. Satan absolutely intends to destroy me. War is waged, and he will steal from me. But the victory is won because Jesus has my heart, and He is out to give me abundant life. I'm stepping out on His sufficient grace and enjoying the MANY blessings I have received from His hand. Here's to the thirties!!

No comments:
Post a Comment