Monday, May 26, 2014

Another good day

I woke up having dreamt of Dad. I'm so thankful for those dreams. They used to be haunting and full of feelings of guilt, I-didn't-do-enough, and such sorrow. They've changed to sweet memories and brief moments of the character I so love. I know a treasured friend prayed for that. Thank you. 

Then I hunted for this picture of him. 26-year-old stud. You wouldn't know it by looking, but his brother tells me he had terrible self-esteem. His smile sure hides it. I haven't quite gotten used to how much it hurts to miss him. So much love for this man. 

The boys and I spontaneously visited the zoo today. 
We walked for a while just enjoying the warmth. 

We watched the seals

We got to know the cutest little playful otter. 

The boys had a fussy stretch where oh-my-word neither of them could just be happy or quiet. Then we found this bridge that magically hushed and happied them. 


We made friends with a fiddler 

And fit right in with the monkeys 


This baby monkey drug this green sheet all the way up the limbs and then fell probably 10 feet. He didn't even cry, and his mama didn't flinch. No way we came from monkeys. Jack or Charlie would've squalled, and I would've been a flash of lightning getting to him. 

We stopped by the cat house and watched a roaring tiger.

Then we rode the train and scooted home. 



And after I caught this maneuver, I sent these crazy boys to bed. 
Y'all! Heart attack. They're like cheetahs. You see the 2-year-old pointing and fussing "no" at me for going all ape on them, yes?

They slept until 6:00pm without stirring. 

Jack had me seriously tickled at dinner with his cuteness. His facial expressions and phrases are too much. Charlie has added a "z" to the end of his "bee" (please) that sounds like a lisp and is just precious. Honestly, they just about have me sick I love them so much. Even with their absolute wildness. Maybe because of that, actually. 

Super thankful for another good day. 

No comments: