This year, we have been repeatedly reminded that our death-grips are worthless. I have no power to save, heal, or break down walls. I have been flung to my knees just begging to remember the fragrance as I sit with, cry out to, worship Jesus. And I do remember.
And he has saved. He has healed. He has broken down walls. He has been the dearest friend with the only sufficient grace.
And here's proof of his healing:
Adam went HOME TO MISSISSIPPI yesterday!!! Let's take a moment to rally and cheer over the tremendous victory God has displayed through Adam! His tumor was down-sized in a big way, his pathology report was great, he has had no seizures, he has weaned off steroids, he is talking clearly. His bazillion staples are out of his head. He is home with my sister and their babies. So many miracles. JESUS. We Schmitzes miss Adam so much, but I can only imagine the sweet sight of my sister and those children hugging Adam as they were finally reunited. Pictures, anyone?
He is still experiencing significant pain and is so tired. We're praying for continued healing and relief. Adam, we love you!
Now they finally, FINALLY, get to rest. For 8 months solid they have shouldered the one-after-another burdens. With such grace. The community around them, all of you, their friends, family, church, and even strangers, have come alongside them and just shouldered the burdens, too. Showing them the very essence of Jesus and meeting so many needs. It has been truly amazing. Hopefully in a few weeks, Adam will be driving and back to work and life will seem totally boring and normal again. Well, as boring and normal as having four kids can be!
So tonight I'm a mess. Just worshipping Jesus and remembering the fragrance. His goodness is evident, even in the very hard days and nights. These precious people, these nights of begging, grieving, hoping, celebrating, worshipping my Jesus. He is so good in all of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment