Sunday, March 2, 2014

Adam

Because I finally, in a round-about-way, asked permission. And Sam said she didn't care. I'm running with it.

Adam is my brother-in-law. Married to my twin Sam. This year marks 20 years of us all being all up in each other's business. 

Adam has a brain tumor, lovingly nicknamed the Don. In his own words, here's Adam's story. Grab the Kleenex.   (EDIT: y'all REALLY LOVE ADAM. The dropbox site has gotten so much traffic that it crashed! It's back up for now!)


They fly to Chicago tomorrow for Adam to have a craniotomy to remove the tumor on Wednesday. This will be his third surgery. He'll be awake. The team is incredible. Adam is ready. GOD IS ABLE. Would you pray?

Adam means the world to so many people. He's just precious. A God-fearing man who is honest, humble, and so kind. He adores my sister and is the best daddy to their three sons and one daughter. He is a hard worker, he loves people, he loves football, and he is just so pleasant to be around. Honest-to-goodness, I have ZERO I could say bad about him. And you know sisters can talk. He's just wonderful. But you know what he'll say? Just Jesus. He LOVES Jesus. He leads his family and serves his family by loving Jesus. And it shows. 

So, I'm praying for Jesus to be known. In the pre-op, OR, post-op... Every person who engages with Adam, Sam, Bro. Jay, Mrs. Martha, Travis and me. Let them see Jesus. And Lord willing, please Jesus, make this tumor go away. We'll sing your praises either way. 

Love you, Adam! See you tomorrow!

Photo credit: http://michaelstrongphotography.com

7 comments:

Pink Peppermint Paper said...

OK. Mind blown on several levels. We know Samantha! Aiden and our Caroline were big buds in preschool last year. No idea y'all were sisters and no idea that her husband was ill--we have lost touch since the kids changed schools. Tough couple of years for you all. Sending prayers, good juju and positive thoughts for everyone involved. We will be thinking of the family and hoping for a great outcome.

Eleanor & Russell T.

Alison said...

How wild! I remember Aiden talking about Caroline. That's so fun! And thank you so so much for praying!

dismithj said...

Great article... can you please cut and paste Adam's Story... the link is no longer working....

Alison said...

I will see if the church can repost it tomorrow! I'm so sorry... I don't think they expected a website overload. What a good problem : ) . Adam is well-loved!

Pink Peppermint Paper said...

Small world for sure. I have received several prayer requests for them from Madison circles since yesterday.

Ashley Posey said...

I'm so glad facebook led to me your blog. My husband, Chris Posey and Adam worked together at Baptist in madison a few years ago. Please tell Adam and his precious family that the Posey clan is praying, praying, praying! much love to them! :)

Dianne Luk said...

Alison- how is Adam doing? I have known Jay and Martha since I was kid growing up at Morrison Heights in Clinton. My husband and I have been praying since we heard about his surgery. Thanks so much for any update you can give.