Anyway, Jack got up to throw his gourmet plastic away and asked me what that boom boom was. Having not heard anything, I asked him to clarify. He said there were lights in his feet going boom and that they tickled. Oh, how precious. He's never talked about his limbs going to sleep. That adorable little thing just laughed and laughed as his feet woke up.
Then there's Charlie who strips naked all day long. He brings his clothes to me as if I've asked for them and smiles proudly in all his jaybirdness. Just tickled at himself. He also, like bubba, loves to jump and climb. So most of the day there's a bare toddler doing face plants on the couch, and I wonder why Travis won't get me new furniture. Our poor couch and chair seriously look like they're from Goodwill. And not the section where Sam so luckily finds her treasures every so often. I'm talking curbside. Holes with cotton coming out. It's just embarrassing.
Also unrelated: I'm thankful for technology today. I had a wreck this morning that was so seamless. We both took pictures, emailed each other insurance and drivers license and were on our way in two minutes. And I filed my claim online. Boom. Peace of cake. Except paying for the damage. Boo.
Then, we facetimed with the Richardsons tonight to see Syd's new adorable bob haircut. And Aiden showed me how he hulahoops.
I'm so grateful for technology. To easily navigate a bummer. And easily connect with the other pieces of my heart too far away to feel whole.
And grateful for my little arrows who are wild with life. The boys who laugh and cry and dance with every itty bitty fiber of their beings. May I bring as much joy to my Father as they do to me.

No comments:
Post a Comment