Jack and I have had an interesting month...
2 weeks ago we went to UMC for a check-up. When all was finished, we went to the car. Trying to be a good mommy, I cranked the car and turned on the air conditioner so my poor sweet baby wouldn't be so miserable in 90 something degree Mississippi heat. I turned to get Jack out of his stroller, and the door shut behind me, locking both of us out of the running car! Oh, what a mess. Thankfully, a secretary in UMC came and got Jack out of the heat while I waited for campus security to come open my car. I was a melted mama at the end of it all. Jack and I both slept very well that night.
Last week I was bit by a tick, stung by a wasp, and woken up by my sick dog all in the 24 hour period that Jack was attempting to sleep through the night... He was being good while the rest of the animal kingdom was forbidding me to sleep.
I started school back last month, and it is going to be interesting to juggle everything. I am loving the material, now that I'm finally focusing on babies! It will be good to get started with clinicals and really dig deep in this learning process.
In good news, Jack has been to Sunday school with us twice and slept soundly both times. He is holding his head up well, pushing up well when on his tummy, cooing, smiling, and tracking objects. We go for his 8 week check-up this Friday, when he will receive his first round of shots and be measured and assessed for growth and development. He has been spitting up a lot lately, so we hope to have that addressed at the visit.
Samantha had sweet Sydney on Saturday. She thought she was in labor Saturday morning. Adam insisted they go to the hospital. On arrival, she was 7-8cm dilated! She had Sydney at 12:21pm. Big brother Aiden is very interested and so sweet. They went home Sunday afternoon! We're so glad Sydney is here!
No comments:
Post a Comment