Monday, August 10, 2009

Jack is 1 month old today!

Our little man is one month old today! The time has flown by, and we have enjoyed every moment. Jack is a very sweet little boy. He has gotten better with bath time, still isn't a pro at the bottle (fine by me), and is getting used to tummy time. He is an absolute joy to have in our family. He is well-loved by family and friends. We are so thankful!

Recently, Jack has developed an impressive diaper rash. I, being the NICU nurse, swore my child would never have an awful bottom like the ones I've seen in the unit. Wrong! His bottom is terrible!

We've tried A&D, Balmex, Desitin, and corn starch. I even called Joe Dukes to see if he knew the components in "Happy Hiney". Yesterday I made a paste of corn starch and balmex, and that has helped. Of course, I've washed with dial soap and water and pat dry before applying anything to him. Now, I'm leaving his diaper open to air in addition to all of the above. Check it out.

I will say that is does look a little better now that I've been letting his diaper be open. Not an easy task with this breastfed baby. Pray it goes away. He is a good sport, but it definitely hurts him. If that is the worst we experience, I am very thankful.

Praise God for an amazing first month with our son!

No comments: