Thursday, June 18, 2009

Bed rest until Jack's Birthday

I went to the doctor this morning, and for several unfortunate reasons I was put on rest until little Jack decides he is ready to meet everyone. My blood pressure was high for two readings, and that was enough to cause worry for pregnancy induced hypertension. I went to OB receiving. They monitored my blood pressure, contractions, and Jack's heartrate in response to everything. They also ran some blood tests to make sure everything was fine. At the end of almost 4 hours in OB receiving, all tests came back normal, and I was sent home. I will return to the doctor on Monday for a checkup (she'll check 24 hours worth of urine to make sure I don't have preeclampsia... that might be TMI for some, sorry).

I am pretty disappointed. I didn't intend on taking any time before Jack came because I want to have as much time at home with him as possible. Looking on the bright side, I get to enjoy the last however long is left of my pregnancy without being too exhausted or stressed. I am in school, and this allows me to focus on assignments and tests without juggling. It will be a good thing; I just have to remember the positives. I will do whatever it takes to make sure this little boy stays healthy while I'm carrying him. Everyone say a prayer for us. God has definitely taken care of us, and I know this is all part of His plan.

1 comment:

David and Bethany said...

sweet Alison, I cannot believe you are on bedrest! Know that I am praying for you and sweet baby Jack. Oh I can't wait to meet him. Take care of yourself and that baby.