Why? Why on earth does MS have to be sooooo far away from Chicago? I typically don't mind a road trip. WITHOUT KIDS. These boys simply cannot tolerate this stretch of time in those carseats. Side note: thankful for carseats, truly. Just hate how confining and non-reclining they are for the bigger kids.
One discovery Travis and I made on a road trip was our nearly opposite taste in music. Not that we hate each other's music. But when Better than Ezra comes on the radio, I'm all "that's my jam" and he's all "I'm over it." The same is true with Pink or Whitney Houston for him... Sorry, honey, under the bus.
So our music is different.
Also, I can listen to a sermon, podcast, audiobook, and he's snoring. He'd honestly do better with perfect silence.
Another fact that is probably common to most couples - we each love saying the following statement while sitting in the driver's seat: "You are WELCOME to drive." (Which really means, if you aren't driving, zip it.) But let's be real, Travis really is a bad driver. I probably shouldn't be writing that as he's driving and I'm chillin. And if I truly felt endangered, well, I am welcome to drive. Love you, honey.
I'm glad I have a seat warmer and internet on my phone. I can read to my heart's content and stay entertained until it's time for another gas station fill-up. Only 232 more miles. Yay! And yes, I'm well aware our parents had it worse. But they also didn't have car seats. We layed those seats down, made a pallet, and called it a day. Way before click-it-or-ticket.
And that's about it. Peace out.
No comments:
Post a Comment