Friday, January 13, 2012

What a difference a year makes

This time a little over a year ago, we were patiently waiting for death to be born. We knew that the Lord had our precious child's soul in His hands with Him in glory. We were just waiting. And when the time came, our sovereign God whispered peace. He allowed it to be painless, peaceful, quiet, and quick. I look back on those days and cry just because He was and is so very good. Not a second went by that His presence wasn't so very real and that His hand wasn't holding on to us. I'm so grateful.

This year, we patiently await the birth of our son's life. Sweet Charlie, we can't wait to meet him! We are so grateful that in His time, God has brought healing and has provided so many sweet moments already with this little jumping bean in my belly. We pray that in the same way that He allowed our little Heaven baby to come that Charlie would be born: quietly, peacefully, and quickly. I eagerly look forward to the day when God tells Charlie, "It's time, little one, go ahead" and starts this miracle of birthing in me.

I pray for Charlie's heart to long for God even now... that he will always long for Jesus and be such a blessing in others' lives. I also pray that God creates an amazing bond of Christian brotherhood in Jack and Charlie: that their bond in Christ would be even stronger than their blood-bond. I pray that Travis and I love God first, each other very next, and our children out of the overflow of our love for God and each other.

If you would, please pray with us. We long for Jesus to be known through our living for Him. May it be so!!

No comments: