Yes, this wiggly little baby in my tummy is another BOY - Charles Reed! Charlie's favorite activity at this point in time seems to be tap-dancing on my bladder. I've told him several times that I would strongly prefer him to go ahead and move where he's kicking my belly button. Feet-first just doesn't sound optimal for delivery day. Jack is aware of Charlie (which he pronounces Cha-lee). We are super excited for Jack to have a little brother and for cousin Cruze to be so close in age as they grow up together.
Now that we know there will be literally nothing done to sweet Charlie's nursery (thank you, buddy), brainstorming is starting for Jack's big boy room. This has actually been harder than I thought. Everything is either super expensive, is only available in toddler bed size, or is covered in spider man/batman/other super heroes or disney characters... none of those options work for me. I will be making his curtains myself (yes, I have actually conquered the basics of sewing - YAY!), and he will use the bedroom suite that Travis was given by his parents. I just need to get to it before I lose motivation.
Ok, what else has been going on? Well, a couple weeks ago I was in my very first beach wedding. We drove to the Panama City area to be a part of Laura and Matt's big day! Bless their hearts, Tropical Storm Lee invaded and changed plans a smidge, but the wedding was so sweet and perfect in The Meeting House of Carillon Beach. And the weather was awesome for the pictures beforehand. Laura and Matt ran out of their reception through sparklers in the rain, hopped on a golf cart and rode away for their honeymoon. I couldn't be happier for Lair. We've gone through several life changes together since our middle and high school years in Greenville, and she's a friend that has always been there.
Hopefully in the coming weeks I'll post some pictures of Jack's new room in progress. Travis and I did some MAJOR closet-cleaning this weekend to prepare. Here's to early nesting!

No comments:
Post a Comment