Nope, I'm not a gardener. But the saying "April showers bring May flowers" always seems so symbolic to me. The light spring rains or even tornadoes and thunderstorms manage to produce such fruit in the end. I think it's because when you come out of those storms and see what's been ruined and what remains, the important, eternal matters seem to come to the foreground. The tornado that swept through Clinton spared life, but west MS and AL experienced so much destruction, even death, so soon afterwards. The MS river keeps rising. Weather always seems to catch my attention because it can represent something so much deeper. The rising floods, pouring rains, tornadoes - doesn't life seem like that some times? Particularly, my spiritual life can go through those seasons. Winter, cold and sad at times, but then warmed with friends and family, surrounded by joy of Christ. Spring - goodness my soul loves spring - life anew and so young, exciting and relaxed. Lazy, wonderful afternoons outside with precious friends. You get my drift. And don't even get me started on fall. I could stay in fall forever. and ever. and ever. I love the colors, the smells, the clothes, the feel of fall. Can we fast forward to Autumn, PLEASE? Especially with the dead HEAT of summer coming. EEK! Although, I do love a tan. and a beach. Sorry, I'm switching between real seasons and spiritual ones. Got caught up in the thought of wonderful fall. Ah.
But really, my soul is longing. I'm in one season, ready for another. Can't even put my finger on it. Just longing.
I know I'm getting a little emo, sorry. It's been a while since I wrote, and I tend to get too deep - it's a weakness, forgive me.
In other, lighter, much more exciting news, there are babies on the way! David and Elizabeth Thompson have their precious son, Theodore "Theo" Michael Thompson growing daily, now 19 weeks along. He'll be here some time in October (projected around the 4th). If that boy is anything like his parents, he will be (in no particular order) 1. Super stylish 2. Hilarious 3. generous 4. full of LOVE. And can we please talk about how gorgeous he will be? I'm predicting dark curly hair all over that precious baby noggin. I adore those two and could not be more thrilled about little Theo. Not to mention he'll get here in the FALL! Good choice, Theo.
Adam and Samantha Richardson are expecting baby number 3 some time around July 4th. This baby's gender is a surprise (I think I've blogged about this already, but I'm super excited!), and I can't wait to get my hands and kisses on that baby! Names are still being tossed around for both genders, so we'll see. Aiden thinks it's a boy, I'm pretty sure Sydney will be happy with any real baby doll she can carry around. I haven't the slightest clue what he/she is. I can't believe Adam and Sam are about to go from man on man to outnumbered. I do believe, though, they will handle it like superman/woman and make me stand in awe. As always.
Anything else? Hmm... not really. Except I can't say enough how very grateful I am for the community of friends we have. Maybe that's my longing - I miss them. And we saw each other last Friday. Silly. I thank my God every time I think of them. Such a blessing.
No comments:
Post a Comment