Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Chocolate A Day...


On Friday night, I drove to meet Travis at David & Liz's house. We were planning, so I thought, to head over to Bonefish for dinner and catching up. Driving up to their house, I had trouble figuring out where I was going to park because the street was lined with cars. As I looked closer, I recognized the cars. I then looked up at their house to see my sister and a group of closest friends hooraying and clapping for me! They were holding a banner that Travis had made to congratulate me on my graduation!! What a surprise! I got out of the car and noticed Suzanne in scrubs, which I commented on (she does not wear scrubs, ever). I then realized that everyone was wearing scrubs in a theme of the degree I just earned. When I walked up to hug everyone, the boys did some magic, and balloons dropped from above. This was so fun! I have to say, though, that I hate (seriously) being the center of attention. So once the clapping and celebration wore off and we starting eating, my discomfort subsided. It was a night of fellowship with my favorite people, which I happen to love to do more than anything.

At some point in the evening, David and Liz gave me a little something they had picked up in their windy city of Chicago while there over the weekend. They both know that I absolutely LOVE chocolate. It's an unhealthy addiction. I tell many people that I believe the forbidden fruit was a cocoa bean, as many are addicted to coffee and/or chocolate. It's legit. So my love for chocolate goes way back and very deep. I actually had to quit eating it while pregnant because it made me contract all the time, beginning at about 22 weeks. Go figure.

So anyway, David and Elizabeth know very well my love for chocolate and grabbed a unique library of said obsession on their long-weekend trip to Chicago. 9 spins on the yummy stuff.

In an effort to save my figure, and sinful nature, from getting way out of hand, I decided to only eat one piece a day and savor the flavor. I will be eating in reverse order from the bottom. Travis actually decided where to start because he wanted a bite of the bottom piece today.

So without further ado... Today's piece of chocolate:

Scrum-diddly-umptious. It kind-of tasted like a caramel Nestle crunch. Or a little bit like a heath bar with nuts in it. I loved it. Can't wait for tomorrow's piece. Amalfi Bar: lemon zest, pink peppercorns, 36% cocoa butter white chocolate. YUMMY!

Have I mentioned how much I have loved not being in school anymore? L-O-V-E it!!!

No comments: