Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Jackson Elliot Schmitz

He's here!! Jack was born July 10, 2009 at 7:26pm. He weighed 6 pound 15 ounces and was 20 inches long. We were admitted to the hospital the night of the 9th, started induction and had a long day Friday. He finally decided he was ready to meet everybody, and it was an amazing experience. We had the best nurses and doctors, amazing friends and family, and so much love. I miss it. Here is our very first family photo!



We had a wonderful weekend at the hospital. I love UMC! We went home Sunday, the 12th with a discharge weight of 6 lbs 8 oz and orders to return the next morning for a weight check and bilirubin check. Monday morning, the three of us went to UMC and found out our little man had to be on a biliblanket.

We had rechecks on Wednesday, Thursday (taken off the blanket). and Saturday... which was terrible for the novice mom trying to nurse every 2 hours per Dr.'s orders and attempt to rest. By Saturday he had gained back up to 6 lbs 14 oz, for which Dr. Graves gave me a huge pat on the back. Hard work! I could finally spread out his feedings to 2 & 1/2 to 3 hours and stay in my pajamas! Yay!


We are having so much fun. I absolutely adore my sweet little Jack. He is so peaceful. Travis is a wonderful daddy, and he has been the biggest help. We are so excited to be a family of three!

1 comment:

Eric and Amanda said...

The picture of Travis reading Jack a book is the cutest picture I've ever seen! Jack is so precious and we can't wait to meet him!