On Monday, I got up and was making breakfast for the boys. Jack was so excited coming into the kitchen singing happy birthday. We had a busy, productive day. For some crazy reason, I really wanted to clean the house... ask Travis, this NEVER happens. Maybe it was a resolution-type state of mind. Kind of like the new year. A birthday kind of pushes reset for you, in a way, and you get a little recharged for life to be better. So I cleaned the mess out of the apartment, played like crazy with those little boys of mine, and really enjoyed my birthday just doing normal mama things. When Travis got home from work, he had delicious Italian dinner for us to enjoy with the Thompsons. I swear I'm supposed to be in some Villa in Tuscany. I could eat Italian every single day of my life. His dinner choice was amazing. And I'll go ahead and take the opportunity to confess that once a year I'm allowed Olive Garden. He thinks it's trash. I think it's the bomb. So my birthday trumps his opinion, and I get Olive Garden. He did a search, and much to his pleasure and my dismay, there were none within a good 30-or-more-minute drive. I mean, living in Chicago, I can get over not having it. There is real Italian food here. And the lasagna and ravioli were yummy yum yum. Charlie loved it, too. Then, of course, we had Sweet Mandy B's for dessert. My fave is their carrot cake cupcake. My mouth is watering just typing about it. If I could give you a bite right now, I would. I promise the world would be a better place if everyone had a bite. Except you gluten-intolerant folk. Although they do have a flourless chocolate cake. I've never had it, though, because if I'm going to splurge, I go big or go home.
We FaceTimed with Sam while we did the cupcake/candle/song. I got a video from the Avens singing Happy Birthday. I got facebook messages and text messages. It was a sweet, perfect day. Thank you, everyone!! and Happy Birthday, SAM!



1 comment:
I love the painting! It is amazing and a gift that you will always treasure!!!
Post a Comment